Bunny The Rabbit Snail

1. snailyfriends

snailyfriends Valued Member Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is bunny, she really loves apples. specifically, eating them while on her back. almost every picture i have of her is of her eating an apple on her back. she can eat a whole slice in just a day and still tries to eat the peel. she nibbles on spinach and algae wafers but apples are the best to her.
    when i bought her she was the only snail in the whole tank. she was burrowed in the gravel, the lady getting her from the tank thought she was dead and i almost didn't get her. luckily she started moving around.
    i think she's the cutest thing. the only thing cuter than her, is her baby. it doesn't have a name yet, it was just born some time this week and i've only seen it twice. it's so tiny that it gets lost in the gravel. it has striped feelers and a yellow snout, it looks like its head is darker so it might be yellow spotted. it was a little surprise, at first i thought it was some kind of "pest snail" then it started to move the way a rabbit snail does. in a month or two it will be easier to find and take pictures of.
    [​IMG]

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Aw, very cute. I had two "MTS" I got from Petco at one point (one passed, sadly), and turns out they're both rabbit snails. Though, after looking at normal rabbit snails, they might be the mini ones, given how they grew 1/4" in three months and seem to have maxed at 1".
    I'll have to try feeding them apples, so far I've only tried kale and spinach (which the one loves!)