Bump on Yellow Tail Acei

Discussion in 'African Cichlids' started by Erbarry, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Erbarry

ErbarryValued MemberMember

What is on my Acei? It's eating and swimming just fine. What should I do? Everyone else is fine and no signs of anything.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. LeoDiaz

LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Looks like is missing scales has he been in a fight or being bullied? mbunas bite each when fighting each other which sometimes makes them loose scales. If he still getting bullied i would put him in a hospital tank. All hee will need is keeping water quality high.

3. OP
    OP
    Erbarry

Not that I've seen but it's actually a bump when looking forward you can see that side a lot fatter then the other and towards the front it looks like there is a small open laceration.

4. LeoDiaz

I cant see the bump in the pics can you take another better closer pic?

5. OP
    OP
    Erbarry

This is the best I could do.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

6. LeoDiaz

Yes looks like a wound, my guess is if you another acei is the one bullying him. How many aceis do you have? I will put her/him in hospital tank asap.

7. OP
    OP
    Erbarry

5 Acei and what's a good Qt tank size for a mbuna? He/she is one of the smaller ones but not the one that I always see get picked on.

8. LeoDiaz

You need to find out there sexes if there big enough 3in or get more of them. 10-20g should be fine.

9. OP
    OP
    Erbarry

They are still juveniles the biggest one is maybe 2.5in

10. LeoDiaz

I would get more about the same size to reduce agression, but for sure pull out the female to heal her. But first wat is your tank size?

11. OP
    OP
    Erbarry

55g 48x15 footprint.

12. LeoDiaz

48by15? Is it a custom tank? Either way is a good size. What your stock list?

13. OP
    OP
    Erbarry

Not sure but it's not one of those name brand ones. I took it from my dad and he got it from a fish/reptile supplier. I have 5 yellow labs, 5 acei and 2 synodontis.

14. LeoDiaz

You can up the numbers to 12 of each all the same size and once they reach 3in you vent them and keep only 1male to 5females.

15. OP
    OP
    Erbarry

Thats a lot of fish! What would be the minimum for each species?

16. LeoDiaz

There juvies you have 24 juvies but end up with 12 adults only.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice