Bump On Danio Head?

Discussion in 'Zebra Danio' started by chloep123, Jun 14, 2018.

1. chloep123

chloep123Valued MemberMember

Hi guys,

I was just feeding my 4 zebra danio when I noticed that my rescue one (Lucy, the one missing an eye) has a large lump on her head/back. My mum said she had noticed it there a while ago and thought it was just where she was growing old, should I be worried? She has been behaving totally normally.

I have (hopefully) attached a video and a bad quality photo, but they move so fast!
    They are due a W/C on Sunday, and if need be I will double check all the test results but last time I looked (last Saturday) they were 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrites, and just below 20ppm nitrates. The temperature is approximately 26*C, and its my 20 litre tank (gosh... right after I post this I need to update my tank information, it's not accurate any more).

Thanks guys!

35201871_2039425999432055_8615241381121622016_n.jpgupload_2018-6-14_11-25-25.png

2. Crafty Cichlid

Crafty CichlidWell Known MemberMember

keep the water clean, and monitor for now. I've seen this in fish that didn't have enough swim space, but it could just be scoliosis. Hard to tell.

3. OP
    OP
    chloep123

chloep123Valued MemberMember

Thank you, will do. Would you say she didn't have enough space then, and that's actually a possibility? I thought that tank size was alright

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice