bumblebee goby compatibility?

1. vasqua03 Member Member

I am reading up on this particular goby. There seems to be a lot of mixed opinions and not much on compatibility except that it can be aggressive, hard to feed (working on hatching brine shrimp as we speak) and apparently can be kept in a ten gallon (that would be second option based on my findings). Seems there is a brackish with broken bands and a freshwater with solid bands. If this is incorrect then I guess my next question are...out of the question lol.

Can I or what problems do you see with adding 1 freshwater bumblebee goby to my current set up: 30 gallon, fully cycled, 4 tiger barbs, 1 juvenile female convict, 1 juvenile BN pleco (sex undetermined). lightly planted, smooth stone substrate, plenty or caves and hard cover. PH is high (chem kit only tests up to 7.6 but its showing the top color) with holey rock and 1 banana plant.

2. lorabell Well Known Member Member

Hi there and welcome......I have a couple of these little guys.....Love them.....mine are in a 10 gallon with a couple of dwarf bee-bee puffers......they are very tiny and mine dont really bother anything...nor do the puffs bother them( my LFS keeps the 2 together for sale...thats the only reason I tried it)....they love blood-worms and black-worms