Bumblebee Goby Care

DebinOz

A little bumblebee goby caught a ride on a java fern I bought today. It is I. My QT tank with 2 guppies. The PH in there is 7.6 (my tap water). Will that kill it? Can I leave it in there? , it’s very cute, but I don’t want it to die.... my main tank is a 40 gallon community tank. PH there is 7.2 thanks to driftwood and plants. I read that community tanks freak the goby out.

What is the best way to care for it?

I
IMG_3491.JPG

OreoTerror

Your PH should be fine but they actually need brackish water to survive! They’re so cute I’ve always wanted to get them again

BobNJerry

most bumble bee gobies are raised in freshwater- and chances are if this guy came in on plants- he's been living in freshwater and doesn't require salt in his water.

I have two in my freshwater 29 gallon tank.. they are thriving and doing well.

Lacey D

BobNJerry said:
most bumble bee gobies are raised in freshwater- and chances are if this guy came in on plants- he's been living in freshwater and doesn't require salt in his water.

I have two in my freshwater 29 gallon tank.. they are thriving and doing well.
What BobNJerry said--the ones from the stores have all acclimated to freshwater and would need a long period to get them into brackish. And I have wanted some of these for a while--lucky! Dang they're cute <3

From what I've read it depends on the community--they are VERY territorial, but their territory is a tiny patch of the bottom of the aquarium. So if you have loaches, cats or pleco, they might get pissy or stressed. If you have something large enough to eat them they will be in danger. But they like living in communities of their own species, or other tanks with peaceful fish that won't outcompete them for food. And you pH is perfect.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom