Bumblebee goby and figure eight puffer

Erskine

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Could I have a 5 or 6 gallon tank (I was looking at the tetra 5 starter kit or marineland eclipse system 6) brackish set up with 2-3 bumblebee gobies and possibly even one figure eight puffer?

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
You could put a 1 dwarf puffer in there. Otherwise i wouldnt put anything else in there exept plants becuase the fish you listed need a much bigger tank IMO

Chris

LICfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Dwarf puffers are freshwater. 1 is good in a 5 gallon. Definitely no more than 1. I've tried 2 in a 5 gallon and the maintenance was quite a bit of work. They're also territorial so it's better to give them more space. Hope this helps

Erskine

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks! Also, I heard that bb gobies can live on frozen food but do dwarf puffers have to have snails in their diet also?

LICfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks! Also, I heard that bb gobies can live on frozen food but do dwarf puffers have to have snails in their diet also?
According to what I've read on the dwarf puffer forum, unlike other puffers, they don't need snails to trim their teeth so they're fine without snails in their diet. Mine live mostly on frozen blood worms. They're very interesting fish

Edit: Oh and from the way I've seen them eat snails, they more of suck the snails out of the shell rather than bite.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom