Bumblebee Cichlid Disease

kvnkne

HI peoples, I have a 75 mixed mbuna tank that has 2 auratus, 3 jewel, 1 kenyi, 2 yellow labs, 1 red zebra, 2 acei, 2 bumblebee, and one blue something I can't figure out what it is. They have been in the tank since juvenile. Water parameters are ph 7.8 ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate about 5-10. Water changes weekly. I have had no death or disease since tanks initiation. Filtration is 20 gallon wet/dry sump. Lots of rock. About 3 days ago the largest fish, a bumblebee had a worn white spot on top of torso right behind head. After work, on inspection, lots of fray on fins and body. Looked like he was getting picked on. I observed all fish for about and hour to pick out signs of ick, to no avail. Next morning the bumblebee was definitely being picked on so I removed all rock and got him into a 20 gal. hospital. Treating now with melafix. Seems to be working ok. Dont know if this is a sign of ick or what. Any thoughts or theories? No spots on any other tank mates. Tank set 11 months

toosie

I'm not positive, but I'd be willing to bet it is a fungal infection. He may have been injured on something and a fungus has set in. Considering all of the other fish aren't exhibiting signs of illness, I think this is the most likely cause. Melafix, good clean water and time, may be all this fish needs to get better.

Good luck!

GemstonePony

possibly the one "white spot"was just a small nick or something- one of my danios had a single white spot for 2 weeks, no spread and it didn't change location.
I think your main problem is just that the fish is bullied, but if it was Ich, at 78*you should know for certain tomarrow. You could start raising the temp now on the off-chance it's ich, it'll take a while to raise it without stressing the fish out, and if nothing happens you can let the temp go back down(slowly), no harm done.

kvnkne

the one white spot is a bout a 1/4 inch spot not like ick. Only reason I thought ick was the frayed fins and spots on body that may have been from bullying

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom