Bully Severum?

1. Morley24 Member Member

I recently was given free of charge a demon eartheater geo. introduced him to my 75gal tank and my Severum will not stop chasing him around, it's been around 30 minutes since he was introduced but every time my sev catches a glimpse of the geo he chases him. Is there anything I can do to stop this?
  2. ChiefBrody Member Member

More fish

3. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What's your current stock?

I would take your severum out, rearrange the decor, then add him back in. That may help.
  4. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

I have a Severum that was chasing my blood parrot. It was recommended that I add dither fish. A school of fish might help limit the aggression. They'll still be at odds but not as much.

5. Morley24 Member Member

Current stock is the Geo, Sev and a hoplosternum catfish.
    Would planting my tank help? Currently just rocks and a piece of bog wood in there.
    What sort of fish would make good dither fish?
  6. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Can you take a pic of your tank?

I would still rearrange the decor. Plants may help break the lines of sight, but both the Sev and Geo can eat/tear up plants.

Temp compatible, hardy schooling fish are good. Something like dwarf neon rainbows would be a good choice.
  7. Morley24 Member Member

This is my tank at the moment, forgot to mention I have an angel too.
    That's good my local store has dwarf neon rainbows in stock I'll nip over tomorrow, how many would you say to get? 6-8 to begin with?

8. TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

A lot more cover would probably help. Not really anywhere for the fish to hide or anything to break their line of sight.
  9. Morley24 Member Member

More rocks stacked up? Plants? Things like that?
  10. TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Yeah, Driftwood too. Aesthetically I don't like the way tanks look with everything at the bottom and the whole top empty. Driftwood is good for reaching all the way from the bottom to the top. And it breaks up sight lines too.