Building your own tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetzel

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm a home remodeler so I am pretty handy and am thinking of trying to build an aquarium. Any body got plans for one or any Ideas of the best way to go about it?

Ay1a

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My father and myself were actually considering doing this before I decided I'd rather buy a pre-made because it seemed like something we could do, you can try the website I linked or Google "Building your own acrylic aquarium" and you should be able to find tons of results.

w_boughner

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
what size you thinking and type in wall,corner,middle of the room, on stand,ground up 2,3,400 gl exc/and what kind of finish all glass exposed ,stone vinere exc some thing you can take if you move or permanant i could draw up a couple things if i know what you want

Wetzel

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
want to do atleast a 150g maybe 200g. Wife won't let me build in to wall like I want to so what do you recommend

If I was building into wall I'd do 500+ gallons

ldbrown3138

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you planning to build with plywood and glass? All glass? Acrylic? or possibly some other material.

Wetzel

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thinking glass with oak reinforcement borders to help hold it together and give stability so that it will be movable if needed. Ithink that answers both questions.

metal banding underneath the oak

Last edited:

taffy

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi, that site is a very usful site to have thanks for posting it (taffy)

kipkapst7

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Even I checked out that site, I am exctied to what I could build. We had a 10g saltwater, 2 days in i changed it over to a 23 g..... now we want bigger.... we thought maybe 55g, theres a awesome deal on one downtown... but maybe ill build my own and huge.. in the wall....sweet!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 42 63.6%

Top Bottom