Building Off Of What I Have

FishFreak1

Hi
I've had a 60 gallon aquarium running for about 4 years now. a 75 gallon running for about 1-2 1/2 years, and a quarantine aquarium running for about 6 months. Right now in the 60 gallon I have a pink spot watchman goby (Cryptocentrus leptocephalus, around 3, introduced 6 months ago), a three stripe damsel (Dascyllus aruanus, around 2 inches, introduced 3 years ago), four ocellaris, two being the regular orange nemo colors (ranging from 1-2 inches,introduced around 3.5 years ago) and two black bullets (3-4 inches, introduced along with the regular ocellaris), two zebra turbo snails (turbo sp., with an approximate radius of 1 inch, introduced 6 months ago), an unknown amount of bumblebee snails (Pusiostoma sp., approximately 0.5 inches, introduced 4-3 years ago), a pencil urchin (Eucidaris tribuloides, about 3-4 inches long in diamter, introduced 1-2 years ago) and an unknown amount of Cerith snails (ranging from 0.5 inches to 1.0 inches, introduced about 2 years ago). In the quarantine tank I have 4 yellow-tail blue damsels (Chrysiptera parasema, around 1.5 to 2 inches) and a pajama cardinal (Sphaeramia nematoptera, around 1 inch), that have been in it for 6 months. The 10 gallon has an engineer goby (Pholidichthys leucotaenia, around 2-3 inches) and a six line wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, around 1-2 inches), both introduced yesterday. The 75 gallon has multiple hermit crabs (red legged and blue legged, introduced a few months ago), an engineer goby (14 inches, introduced 8 months ago - a former resident of the 60 gallon), a yellow mimic tang (Acanthurus pyroferus, 5-6 inches, introduced 1 year 7 months ago), a sebae clownfish (Amphiprion sebae, 3-4 inches, introduced 1 year 7 months ago), 2 kupang damselfish (Chysiptera hemicyanea, 1 inch, introduced 2 1/2 years ago), and a pajama cardinalfish (3-4 inches, introduced a year to 1 1/2 years ago, a former resident of the 60 gallon). I had planned on having the 60 gallon made into an aquarium mostly filled with damsel fish, with a few variants, such as an engineer goby, the watchman goby, and the clownfish, along with a hawkfish at the end, using methods such as rearranging the decorations, turning off the lights, and such to keep aggression from the mostly territorial fish I have in there (My watchman has not shown any signs of being territorial except with skirmishes with the three stripe, who tries to steal his food and gets too close, less than an inch away from him. I expect this to change with age, of course, since the pink spot is labelled territorial in most sources of what I have read about them), along with adding max sized fish or close to it, after growing them in the quarantine tank. Three of the yellow tailed blues are destined to move into the 60 gallon, along with the engineer goby when they reach their max size, or close to it. The six line wrasse is the first wrasse I have purchased, and it's movements captivate me. However, studying them, fish like my three stripe damsel and clownfish are not ideal tank mates to the six line wrasse who maxes out at 3 inches. I plan on moving it into the 75 gallon when it gets to max size, although it might be in danger with the clownfish - I have heard stories of engineer gobies eating other fish but mine is more on the timid side, even being cautious towards hermit crabs near it's food, so I do not believe I will have to worry about it eating my wrasse. I would like to have a wrasse in the 60 gallon, but I do not know what wrasse would work. I would like to have a wrasse that is 4 inches or longer, will not bother my invertebrates, will not be a terror, and will not be threatened by my damsels and the future purchase of a hawkfish (I was planning on buying a lyretail or a longnose, possibly a falco or pixie, since I am planning on getting a longnose for the 75 gallon and besides the engineer gobies, which I love, I live to have variety. I was a bit peer pressured to get multiple kupangs and yellow-tailed, and I am planning on getting damsels like SpringerI with a purple hue and a princess to add variations in color). What are the best wrasses for my 60 gallon?

FishFreak1

I forgot to mention in the 60 gallon I have two banded brittle stars (Ophioplocus sp., around 8 inches in diameter), and some of those small white starfish that eat that purple algae. I have heard of brittle stars eating fish, although I have never had that problem.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Culprit
Replies
Views
CrayfishAreAwesome
Replies
Views
Rcslade124
Replies
Views