building a tank

1. orca chic Initiate Member

I just bought 3 Bala sharks and they live in a 10 gallon tank with 3 rosy reds i know that they will soon need a larger tank and i have two questions. How fast do Balas grow and does anyone know how to build a large fish tank.I am wondering if it would just be cheaper to build a large tank then spend close to 500 dollars on one. What kind of stuff do you need it looks like a piece of cake . ;D

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

This is probably a good place to start. ;)

3. orca chic Initiate Member

Is there anyone here that has even tried to build one? I know where to get the sealent but where do you get the glass and does it need to be set with pressure for large tanks? Any info will help me on my quest. :)

4. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I think some folks just get their glass from a glass company, and some use scrap if they are lucky enough to find it. If you look at different size tanks at the store, you will see that the glass gets thicker as the tank size gets bigger. You may want to check out some of the DIY forums on different fish forums on www.aquarank.com for more information. ;)

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

6. orca chic Initiate Member

Thank you for the link I had no idea that what looked so simple could be so hard it is plain to see I am going to have to buy used. ::)

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Your welcome ;)

Carol