Building a new tank!!!

1. w

wil_fish New Member Member

Hey everyone! I'm building a new tank for my lady and I wanted a few opinions on what fish to get her.

It'll be a 10gal. Salt.

I was thinking about adding a little bit of live rock, white sand, and a higher powered filter/skimmer.
    I know she shouldn't have to many fish in it. I want it to look colorful, lively, and easy for her to take care of. Here are my thoughts so far...

2 small False Percula Clowns
    1 firefish goby
    a few inverts/crabs
    small mushroom coral.

She says she wants color in the tank, but I'm a bit hesitant to getting her blue damsels because they can be aggressive. Any suggestions on a good mix of color fish? Friendly fish, would be good!

wil_fish

2. p

pitbull_nc Valued Member Member

The only advice I have is be extra careful of over stocking. A 10 gallon is not ideal for most saltwater fish and it can be a little more difficult to keep the parameters in line because of the small amount of water that is in it. It is a lot easier the more water you have. Good luck to you though, I am sure someone else will pipe in for some advice.

3. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

What about just some soft corals, like some colorful mushrooms and zoanthids? It's really hard to come up with fish recommendations for a 10 gallon saltwater tank due to the stability issues. Maybe cardinalfish or gobies.

4. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

I'm with Mike - a 10G is hard to stock.

Don't underestimate corals either - they're very captivating, and quite intriguing - I love mine, probably more interesting than the fish at times.

Maybe an emerald crab :;dk