Bug Bites Tropical

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got my free sample pack of the Bug Bites Tropical Formula and my Betta loves them. They will be an addition to his diet of TetraMin tropical flakes, Betta pellets from both Tetra and Hikari, freeze dried bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, live wingless fruit flies, and however much of the pleco wafers and bottom feeder pellets as he manages to steal from the Mystery snail. He only gets small amounts of one or two of the things every day.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
qchris87 said:
Love Bug Bites! Great product and small enough in size for even my chili rasboras. Not such a fan of Tetra fish food though, I'd choose Omega One over them.
I think the Tetra is fine. Especially because it's not the only thing he gets. I crumbled up the Tetramin flakes and added some crumbled freeze dried bloodworms to it. The ingredient list of Tetramin flakes is pretty good. Fish meal is the first ingredient. The Tetra Betta pellets have wheat as the first thing so I mixed them with the Hikari ones. I've always had good luck with Tetra products. When I had my first aquarium back in the 1960's, it was actually like a premium food.

Benny gets a pretty varied diet and he likes all of it. I think his favorite is the live fruit flies.

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ive been wanting to try the Bug bits for sometime now but wasnt sure if it would be too big for a betta

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
JamieXPXP said:
ive been wanting to try the Bug bits for sometime now but wasnt sure if it would be too big for a betta
Not at all. The ones they sent me are for medium to large fish and the pieces are smaller than most Betta pellets.

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dch48 said:
Not at all. The ones they sent me are for medium to large fish and the pieces are smaller than most Betta pellets.
oh thats good to hear. it can be hard to find pellets small enough for bettas and other fish with small mouths. im gunna have to pick some up when i run out of food for him then!

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah I use the "regular" tropical bites for smaller fish, and they all go nuts for 'em! lol Really good, quality stuff!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom