Buffer to hob water flow

Sophiegray

Hi! I’m planning to attach something near the “waterfall” of my hang on back filter to serve as buffer as i know betta doesnt like strong flow of water. Can i add these filter media? Thank you!

Attachments

• C5D6B5D9-B5C7-4C7C-953D-BE36297220C6.jpeg
    C5D6B5D9-B5C7-4C7C-953D-BE36297220C6.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 13

BigManAquatics

Depends how you buffer the flow i guess. One of the more common ways is to take part of like a plastic water bottle so the water hits that first then just kind of drips into the tank.

Upvote 0

Sophiegray

Depends how you buffer the flow i guess. One of the more common ways is to take part of like a plastic water bottle so the water hits that first then just kind of drips into the tank.

Thanks. I do that too but it isn’t aesthetically pleasing as I like to be…

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Thanks. I do that too but it isn’t aesthetically pleasing as I like to be…
I ended up switching to spongefilters only for bettas because i either ended up with too much or too little flow with HOBs, no matter what i did.. or really didn't like the way it looked

Upvote 0

Rose of Sharon

I use big betta leaves/betta beds (those plastic things with suction cups) as a break. I was able to find some large ones on Amazon. I know it doesn't look great, but it's all in one corner of the tank, so I live with it.

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

I dont know what those things in the cup are?

I had succusse diffusing the flow of a hang on the back filter by folding and tying a chemical free spong to the filter were the water pours out.

Upvote 0

peachsonas

When I used a HOB filter I picked up a couple of filter media sponges. I got the Fluval brand but I'm sure you could go to a craft store or wares store and find something similar for cheaper. Then I just cut the sponges to size and wedged them gently in the 'waterfall' part of the filter. They're thick enough to ease the flow but porous enough to still allow proper flow

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom