Buff scrathced glass

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself' started by Demontay1, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Demontay1

Demontay1 Well Known Member Member

So was wondering who can help me with a cheap safe way too ger scratches out of my new second hand glass tank whom ever had it before cleened a little too figourously i think but kept the tanknin good order has a new reseal

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

Very hard to remove scratches from tempered glass. Nothing you could accomplish on your own. They sell brand new..unscratched..warranted tanks at Petco for a dollar a gallon. That's what I would do.

3. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

God i wish wish wish that sale happened over here in australia

4. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

The cost to polish glass far outweighs the cost of a new tank. A new tank is best. I'd try filling it with water first, some scratches are barely noticeable under water.

5. OP
    OP
    Demontay1

I have the tank full i can see the scratches but it doesnt bother me as such my tank will do for now till i can afford my dream 4 foot tank but thts gonna cost me almost 1000

6. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

I bought a brand new 29 gallon tank a few months ago from Petco...and AFTER I got it filled up and decorated...I noticed a scratch right in front. I still see it...cuz' I know it's there!!

7. a

aquaman86 Valued Member Member

If it's a straight scratch, try sticking a stick-on thermometer to hide the scratch. It's way too expensive to buff out scratched glass.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice