Buenos Aires Behavoir

Discussion in 'Tetras' started by chunkdaddy, Apr 16, 2010.

1. chunkdaddyValued MemberMember

I was wondering if someone might know if there was any significance to something I've seen my BA tetras do. I've got 8 Ba's and sometimes late in the eveningh they all go to one corner of the tank. They float about 2/3rds of the way down, & then 1 or more, even all 8, will swim straight up almost to the top of the water. Then they'll float back down & start over. They'll do it for about 10-15 minutes, then breakup and swim around the tank. :;dk

2. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Hello Chunkdaddy,

Hopefully you'll get some responses today. It doesn't really sound like anything is wrong with the fish. Maybe they need more time to adapt to their environment especially if you just got them. Make sure your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are 0, 0, and under 20.
    If you don't see any physical signs of disease, the fish are eating regular, regular bowel movements, clear eyes, then I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

Best wishes!
    Ken

3. chunkdaddyValued MemberMember

Hey Aquarist48

Thanks for your response. I didn't really think it was anything bad, I was just wondering if it was some kind of mating ritual or something. My tank finished cycling about 10 days ago and i've had all my fish for about 3 1/2 weeks. I'm one of those goobers who thought you could just buy an aquarium & stick fish in it with no problems. Fortunately, I got my original tank for my kids and didn't won't the fish to die after a week, so I search on the web for info on how to care for the fish and found this site. :;bananawater

4. fryValued MemberMember

synchronized swimming practice? :)

5. chunkdaddyValued MemberMember

Summer Olympic training? Could be! Their very good schoolers, maybe its training?

6. hyun007Valued MemberMember

Usually when there is no death at all for the first few days, they should be fine.

Am glad to hear that they are doing well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice