Buddies With Serpaes - Page 2

Fruitfulspy

jmaldo said:
What a shame. Hey, it happens. Not sure when/where you got them. Might want to contact the seller. Worth a shot.
I got them 3 days ago. Loss total is 3, 2 pandas and one Bolivian ram. I did send pictures and email the place where I got them from. It’s just weird that only the smallest ones died.

Ohio Mark

Oh dear... I am so sorry this happened! Yes, I have heard of other having trouble with pandas. I went through quite a few pandas before ending up with a few hardy survivors. Don't be discouraged -- we all know what it is like to lose fish. Do you know if it was the male or female BR?

Fruitfulspy

Ohio Mark said:
Oh dear... I am so sorry this happened! Yes, I have heard of other having trouble with pandas. I went through quite a few pandas before ending up with a few hardy survivors. Don't be discouraged -- we all know what it is like to lose fish. Do you know if it was the male or female BR?
The smallest one, which I’m guessing was the female? I’m not sure.

Ohio Mark

Oh, wow... too bad! I still feel badly for you! Did you hear back from the seller?

Fruitfulspy

Ohio Mark said:
Oh, wow... too bad! I still feel badly for you! Did you hear back from the seller?
Yes, I got refunded the money. Like I said above, only the smallest ones died. Which is weird.

Fruitfulspy

jmaldo

Hmm.. Less than 2 weeks and lost both, it might just be poor stock?
Hang in their!

Fruitfulspy

jmaldo said:
Hmm.. Less than 2 weeks and lost both, it might just be poor stock?
Hang in their!
That’s what I’m thinking, he didn’t want to eat anything I put in the tank, just a few bloodworms here and there. Put sinking pellets near him so he could see it, but never ate. I’m just gonna replace the rams with barbs and a red tail black shark and call it a day lol

jmaldo

Fruitfulspy said:
and a red tail black shark
Careful, I picked up a RTS when I first started, he was 1" Beautiful Fish. Was fine in a Community until he got to be 3" and decided the tank was his and chased everyone relentlessly. Traded him into the LFS.

Learning all the Time.

Fruitfulspy

jmaldo said:
Careful, I picked up a RTS when I first started, he was 1" Beautiful Fish. Was fine in a Community until he got to be 3" and decided the tank was his and chased everyone relentlessly. Traded him into the LFS.

Learning all the Time.
I’ll keep that in mind

Morpheus1967

And tiger barbs, if that's where you are going, are the devil's spawn lol. One of the worst fin nippers out there.

Fruitfulspy

Morpheus1967 said:
And tiger barbs, if that's where you are going, are the devil's spawn lol. One of the worst fin nippers out there.
Can’t be any worse than Serpaes lol

Morpheus1967

Ohio Mark

Fruitfulspy said:
Update: Lost the other Bolivian Ram today. I guess I wasn’t made to have Cichlids lol
Oh man.... So sorry to hear that! It does seem strange!

Fruitfulspy

Ohio Mark said:
Oh man.... So sorry to hear that! It does seem strange!
I know! I’m thinking more of what jmaldo said, weak stock that they sent me. But 4 of the bigger pandas are happy, the serpaes don’t bother them at all.

Ohio Mark

Fruitfulspy said:
I know! I’m thinking more of what jmaldo said, weak stock that they sent me. But 4 of the bigger pandas are happy, the serpaes don’t bother them at all.
I have no experience with Live Aquaria. Have others had issues with weak stock?

Fruitfulspy

Ohio Mark said:
I have no experience with Live Aquaria. Have others had issues with weak stock?
I'm not sure. They send rather small fish though. I’m gonna try else where for more peaceful barbs, like Melon Barbs and Odessa Barbs.

Ohio Mark

Fruitfulspy said:
I'm not sure. They send rather small fish though. I’m gonna try else where for more peaceful barbs, like Melon Barbs and Odessa Barbs.
Are you going to give up on BR's? jmaldo might have some coming up. Just a hint. I just feel so bad you had a rough experience with them!

Morpheus1967

I purchased 9 Beckford's Red Pencilfish from LiveAquaria. Received 10, all were alive and are still alive today.

Expensive shipping, but they only ship live animals overnight, and delivery by 10:30am. I would order again.

But just a heads up. LiveAquaria is actually owned by Petsmart. Even though they seem to be a small mom and pop company.

Fruitfulspy

Gonna order Melon Barbs from trinsfish. com only place I know that has them. Oh and I’m replacing my gravel with black gravel to make my Serpaes pop.

Ohio Mark

Fruitfulspy said:
Gonna order Melon Barbs from trinsfish. com only place I know that has them. Oh and I’m replacing my gravel with black gravel to make my Serpaes pop.
I had to google melon barbs. Nice!!! You will like having a black substrate! I think it really does bring out the color in my fish.

jmaldo

Bolivians, all out. coralbandit just got the last 3 today. I do have EBAs available.

Fruitfulspy

jmaldo said:
Bolivians, all out. coralbandit just got the last 3 today. I do have EBAs available.
EBAs?

Ohio Mark

Fruitfulspy

Ohio Mark said:
Electric Blue Acaras. Gorgeous fish!
Oh wow! I just looked it up. Very pretty!

Ohio Mark

Fruitfulspy said:
Oh wow! I just looked it up. Very pretty!
Geeettttt soommeeee..... Dooooo itttttt!!! Ha ha! Just get another tank, or 2, or 3.....

Fruitfulspy

Ohio Mark said:
Geeettttt soommeeee..... Dooooo itttttt!!! Ha ha! Just get another tank, or 2, or 3.....
Don’t tempt me! Lol I was eyeing up 55 gallon tanks online

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom