Buce Plants Haul - Any tips?

Nianichole
Hi! I made an order for plants yesterday, they haven't arrived yet, which gives me time to collect a few pointers.

I fully expect I will kill a few things I went for plants I thought looked interesting and that they said did not absolutely require C02 and we're relatively easy to grow.

Vallisneria Contortionist (Corkscrew Vallisneria)

Echinodorus Harbich

Hemianthus Micranthemoides UNS Tissue Culture

Salvinia Natans/ Floating Fern

Christmas Moss - planning to attach to cholla wood tunnel

Rotala Rotundifolia Orange Juice

Nomaphila Variegatus

Aponogeton Madagascariensis / Madagascar Lace Bulb - I know this plant is more high tech, which is why I bought the bulb only. It was cheap and I thought it might be fun to try and grow it

Any tips on keeping these guys alive as long as possible? Anything in particular I should watch out for?

Thanks!

As a side note, I have fluval stratum substrate, easy green fertilizer, easy iron fertilizer (not planning to use this until aquarium is more established), and aquarium Co-op root tabs.

marmaaa
Nianichole said:
Hi! I made an order for plants yesterday, they haven't arrived yet, which gives me time to collect a few pointers.

I fully expect I will kill a few things I went for plants I thought looked interesting and that they said did not absolutely require C02 and we're relatively easy to grow.

Vallisneria Contortionist (Corkscrew Vallisneria)

Echinodorus Harbich

Hemianthus Micranthemoides UNS Tissue Culture

Salvinia Natans/ Floating Fern

Christmas Moss - planning to attach to cholla wood tunnel

Rotala Rotundifolia Orange Juice

Nomaphila Variegatus

Aponogeton Madagascariensis / Madagascar Lace Bulb - I know this plant is more high tech, which is why I bought the bulb only. It was cheap and I thought it might be fun to try and grow it

Any tips on keeping these guys alive as long as possible? Anything in particular I should watch out for?

Thanks!

As a side note, I have fluval stratum substrate, easy green fertilizer, easy iron fertilizer (not planning to use this until aquarium is more established), and aquarium Co-op root tabs.
What is your light fixture and how big is the tank?

Nianichole
marmaaa said:
What is your light fixture and how big is the tank?
I have a 29 gallon and a 10 gallon. Currently I have a Nicrew Classic Plus (it was supposed to be lost in shipping but it miraculously showed up at my house... Amazon still doesn't know, lol). I have a Hygger light that will be arriving Thursday that is supposed to be better...

I'm not super fancy and I'm more doing this for fun than anything else.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom