bubbly water killed my fish :(

1. Betafish305ca Member Member

:;saber
    When I mean bubbly water, I don't mean the kind you mix into your drinks... I did a pre-test before I cleaned my tank, and it all was good, then afer an hour or so of cleaning it out... then the water was all bubbly and the bubbles were sticking to my fish, their fins and gills, and then they started to float.....
    :':)':)':)':)':)'( - 6 fish, 1 snail :'(

The NO2 and NO3 stayed the same, but the GH tripled, and the pH went up 2 points.... The water was all bubbly

There was tons of slimy egg sacks, snail ones, as their is 1 little snail in my tank now..... They seemed to be everywhere once I filled my tank back up, and it made the whole thing once......

:-[???

2. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Oh no! pH shock! :( Im not sure there's anything we could do... as far as bubbles... Did you empty the whole tank then fill it back up? If so the bubbles could be just air (the kind you get when you start up a tank, everything will be covered in bubbles) Wipe the side of the tank with your finger (just one stroke) if the the bubbles are realeased then its just oxygen, not harmful. Im worried about the pH though :(

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello. So sorry to hear about your fish loss. I don't know that is was the bubbles that caused the deaths. What did you use to clean your tank? Did you remember to add the water conditioner to remove chlorine if you were using tap water? Over the years I have found it to be more harmful and even fatal,when your pH levels "drop" suddenly compared to having it rise suddenly.
    Hopefully we can all figure it out for you.

Your nitrates at 60 is way high. They should be below 20. Too, there is a possibility that you cleaned too much and caused your good bacteria to die off throwing your tank into a mini cycle with increased ammonia levels? Did you clean the filter too?

Again I'm sorry for your losses.
    Ken

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

im sorry for your losses :( rip fin babies

but the bubbles probably mean the water that was used to refill the tank, was too warm :( and a ph shock as tony suggested, is probably the culprit...bubbles wont kill fish..did you do a complete water changes?

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sorry to hear about your fish :(

Just a guess but could it have been gas bubble disease?

6. mitchgmace Member Member

Sorry to hear the loss. Hope things get better for you.