Bubble Wall?

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by BaseballMom, Jan 8, 2019.

1. BaseballMomValued MemberMember

i put 8 glofish tetras in Sunday night 38 gallon tank. So far 3 died for no known reason because water is perfect so figuring stress as cause. I’ve replaced all that died so I still have 8. Newest one waiting to be released at the moment. I bought a bubble bar and pump to do a bubble wall for the back wall.

So my questions are first will they enjoy a bubbler and 2nd will it cause stress for me to mess around to install it?

2. BraedonBValued MemberMember

Just to make sure, did you cycle the tank prior to adding the fish? What are your water parameters?

3. BaseballMomValued MemberMember

I used TSS+ because so many on here said it works. So far I have 0 ammonia,0 nitrites trace nitrate. Heat at 74. PH 7.0

4. BraedonBValued MemberMember

That's good. The bubble wall shouldn't bother them and will increase oxygenation at least marginally. I have never used a wall, but don't you just lay it in the tank? If so, don't worry about stressing them.

5. CaptAnnDuchowWell Known MemberMember

My guppys love the one i got them..they swim in the bubbles A LOT

6. LexiNicoleAKAFishAddictNew MemberMember

my fish love it. shouldn't bother them.

7. deadheadValued MemberMember

I have a feeling you're going to enjoy the bubble wall a lot more than the fish. It certainly won't hurt them. Water movement is a good thing.

8. IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

How did you go about acclimating the glo-tetras?

Did you recall seeing any dead tank mates at the store?