bubble wall

1. RTBS Member Member

I had an 18" bubble wall well today I bought a 28" bubble wall which came in two seperate pieces... I put the 18" in the middle of the two 14"... Now my air pump is not sufficient... Only half of it is working...

2. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I have noticed with bubble walls that sometimes you need to give them a little time to get fully working. Of course it could also be that your air pump isn't big enough to power the entire thing. Give it a day or two and see how it goes. Mine only worked in its first third for about 3 days, then little by little the rest worked its way in.

3. RTBS Member Member

Yeah that's the weird part... The last piece is working and half of the middle... Maybe I should hook a pump to both ends... This bubble wall is 46" total...

4. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I have the same problem with my bubble wall, I hooked up and old Petco pump to it and it really barely works. Any suggestions as to what I should get.?? :;scuba

5. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

The longer the airstone piece, the larger the circumference and the more porous the airstone is, the harder it will be to pump the air down the tank and through the stone.

The depth of the tank also affects the outcome. The deeper the tank, the more back-pressure the airpump must deal with.

The only solution is to get a bigger airpump. The bulkier an airpump seems, the better it will operate, although sometimes with a bit of noise.

6. smitte1 Member Member

I had the same problem with a 48" topfin buble wall after 3 days no improvement so I unplugged the air line from the pump and it started to siphon in my oh no freck

Sorry type-o freak out moment I decided to blow through and to my amazement it all started working now evey once in a while the middle slows down I suck some water through and blow it out a few times its worked 3 times now.

Hope this helps and just a side note they make a ton of floating micro bubbles does anyone know if this is bad.

Good luck with yours

7. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

the micro bubbles is just the proteins in the top layer reacting physically with the air bubbles on the surface. It is harmless as long as it doesnt cover the entire surface.