Bubble wall and pump - advice needed please!

DorisClaire

Hi everyone, I'd like to add a long bubble wall (thinking maybe 60cm ish) to my goldfish aquarium but I don't really know where to start with choosing one and an air pump etc to go with it. I previously had an airstone and small pump but it was always getting blocked, never stayed in place and was very loud. I've been googling but there are lots of cons to many bubble wands and can't work out the best option so would love some advice. Would be great to see a photo of some bubble walls as examples maybe too.

Main features I need - at least 60 cm, if it has LED lights nothing too bright or ones that can be turned off, something that is weighted and will sink would be ideal (I have small gravel).

Thanks very much!

Sanderguy777

Hi everyone, I'd like to add a long bubble wall (thinking maybe 60cm ish) to my goldfish aquarium but I don't really know where to start with choosing one and an air pump etc to go with it. I previously had an airstone and small pump but it was always getting blocked, never stayed in place and was very loud. I've been googling but there are lots of cons to many bubble wands and can't work out the best option so would love some advice. Would be great to see a photo of some bubble walls as examples maybe too.

Main features I need - at least 60 cm, if it has LED lights nothing too bright or ones that can be turned off, something that is weighted and will sink would be ideal (I have small gravel).

Thanks very much!

I tried bubblewalls, but they never worked for me. Either my pump was too weak (I think this was it) or the wand was rubbish (probably a factor as well). I stopped, and haven't gone back, as I didn't see any advantage to them over a regular air stone (except the obvious cool look lol).

I ended up getting an Alita al-6a used for about $50. I know that sounds really expensive, but it pushes A TON of air, and is REALLY good for a rack system or small fishroom.

The other thing I would say, is dont expect a uniform bubble wall. Those things are notorious for being lopsided and only half working.

As for keeping it down, the ones I had either had weights, or suction cups. But you could also build a little strip of rocks and stuff that hides the wand, AND holds it down.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
QueenLittleLizard
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
NighttHawk
  • Question