Bubble tip anemone open mouth

billyboy2

I am posting and in need of assistance....the newest addition to my aquarium is a bubble tip anemone, which has made me very worried... sometimes its inflated and looks great with its mouth closed tight, then there are times like today when getting home from work I looked into the aquarium and the anemone is shrivled like a little stump and has a very wide open mouth...someone please help, my previous posts regarding the RBTA have gone unanswered and I can't wait! I don't want to loose everything in my tank cause the anemone died...there have been several occasions when the anemone's mouth was wide open enough for my thumb to pass through and when it's done being shrivled and decides to inflate the mouth closes. I have had it since the 15th of august and been observing it heavily. I am also concerned that the two skunk cleaner shrimp are damaging it further as they are constantly picking at it and when they do it shrivles more! I need some help and suggestions, all other inhabitants of my tank are doing well including other anemones and soft corals.

water parameters: salinity 1.024,pH 8.4, nitrate/nitrite/ammonia 0ppm

Attachments

• shrivled.JPG
    shrivled.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 1,831

10gallonmadness

Make another forum in general topics. It will get answered faster. I am not salty so I can't help sorry.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Slapp
Replies
Views
billyboy2
Replies
Views
ryanr
Replies
Views