Bubble stick

1. n

nhaiflich Valued Member Member

I noticed today that some of my live bearer fry were hanging out at the water line. So thought maybe oxygen was a little low. No gasping just staying there. So I put in a bubble stick and let it run for an hour or so. I just shut it off because I can't read my false julii's behavior. After I turned it on they were swimming all over the place. And they never stopped till I turned it off. I have no idea if they liked it or if it was causing too much current in tank and they just couldn't sit because of it. They are usually pretty mellow.(the fry loved it and are no longer at top. Parameters are great) what would you guys think if it was you? Yay or nay for the cories?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Harlebleondora

Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

Yay for aeration. Some fry will hide out under floating plants at the surface because it's a good place to hide. If you turn the airstone back on take a video of your corys behaviour and post it here, then we may be able to help you out.

3. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Corys love to 'play' in the bubble stream or filter flow, when they've had enough they'll go find a quiet spot to rest