Bubble Nest? Question

1. Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

My betta, Zach, who I got yesterday, made a bubble nest! I saw him adding a couple bubbles. However, it seems quite extensive. There seems to be a main nest, but bubbles spread all around. Is just the main part the nest or did he make all those bubbles? The main part is what I saw him adding bubbles to. His tank is known for making bubbles but I got all the bubbles off. Usually the bubbles the tank make aren't by the surface like that. fe2c8a8e642493c53999bf5278b926f7.jpg 2fdcf66e2cb37fbe646e45d6ac06df1c.jpg 49d1abd232163d1992edcf74271e949e.jpg

2. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Hello!

It does look like a bubble nest, and Bettas tend to do this (other than having a lady friend in the tank) when they get comfortable in their surroundings and healthy; its what they do lol!

And don't freak out if you have to destroy when doing a water change or tank maintenance; he'll most likely build it again, and they shouldn't mind. Mine like to build nests when he sees me soaking/defrosting his food. He's a very excitable guy :p

Also, don't take the bubble nest as a sign to breed him (unless your prepared for that, of course!). I often seen too many cases where Betta owners will provide a female completely unprepared for fry and the breeding process. You probably know this, but it doesn't hurt to mention :)

Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

Thank you! My Owen has never made one, so I was super excited to see that Zach made one on his second day with me.

Yeah, I don't plan on breeding. I don't want to deal with lots of little fry and all that jazz.

4. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Okay :) It is really cute when they do it. And I'm so glad he got comfy really quick

5. Biiba Member Member

It definitely looks like a bubble nest!

6. Biiba Member Member

7. Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

He's been working on it a lot for maybe the past 30 minutes. Really cute and fascinating.