Bubble nest?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Delaneyw, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Delaneyw

DelaneywWell Known MemberMember

I went to put a new thermometer in my betta tank and saw this. Is this a bubble nest? He's never had any bubbles in his tank before. He loves the blue plant.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  2. hollie1505

hollie1505Well Known MemberMember

Yes, it certainly looks like it.x

3. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Looks like a bubble nest & a good size one for his first go

4. OP
    OP
    Delaneyw

It made me pause and decide to put thermometer on the other side of the tank as I didn't want to disturb it. Too cool!

5. FluffNStuffNew MemberMember

Definitely. They love to make them around things that breach the surface like the plant is.

6. OP
    OP
    Delaneyw

He made his second one last night. Now that I know what he's doing, I can see him making bubbles from the couch. It's better than tv. :)

7. hollie1505

I can't remember the last time I watched TV! Fishies are so much more interesting :)

And it's nice that he's decided to entertain you with his bubble nests!x

8. kevymd

kevymdWell Known MemberMember

When I adopted Oliver, I took him out of a really bad situation, and I put him in a tank with live plants and sand, running water and good food.... He was so pleased that he made a bubble nest that covered 90% of the surface. I was so worried he wouldn't be able to breath so I destroyed a bit of it, apologizing the whole time. It was cool with him, he's the chillest little betta.

9. OP
    OP
    Delaneyw

I'd love to get him into more of a natural setting but I wanted to include my daughter in everything also. He got a bigger tank...she picked out a mermaid to put with him. He does seem to enjoy swimming circles around the busty blonde, lol.

She's in the process of earning her own tank for glo-fish so hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later for his home makeover!

10. hollie1505

Sounds like he approves ;)

11. JennBoss6New MemberMember

Too cute

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice