Bubble Nest Or Just Normal Bubbles ?

_Jade_

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey, I have recently noticed ( tank been set up for around about 2 months) in my tank in the corner there are tiny bubbles bunched together and they don’t seem to last longer then a day but everyday I come back they are back again. I was wondering if it could be a bubble nest. If it is a bubble nest it will be my Male honey gourami but I don’t have a female gourami in there so is it just instinct for him to do it or??? PS he does usually chill down that end

Attachments

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Could be a bubble nest. I don't think there needs to be a female in the tank for the male to build one. What do you use for additives - conditioners, ferts, etc?

_Jade_

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
el337 said:
Could be a bubble nest. I don't think there needs to be a female in the tank for the male to build one. What do you use for additives - conditioners, ferts, etc?
Like tap safe? I use interpet bioactive tapsafe plus

Paradise fish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Male gouramis do many times build bubble nests for no other reason than that they feel good. A lower pH and or floating items can cause it too.

If it's aquarium foam, it could mean that there's excess organics within the water. Carbon and vacuuming will fix that.

_Jade_

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Male gouramis do many times build bubble nests for no other reason than that they feel good. A lower pH and or floating items can cause it too.

If it's aquarium foam, it could mean that there's excess organics within the water. Carbon and vacuuming will fix that.
Oh okay I don’t have a low PH or floating items so maybe he is just feeling happy. I hope it’s not an excess of organic matter as every time I do a water change I always vacuum the gravel

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
_Jade_ said:
Like tap safe? I use interpet bioactive tapsafe plus
Not familiar with that conditioner but I know some do cause some bubbling. Could very well be a bubble nest too.

_Jade_

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
el337 said:
Not familiar with that conditioner but I know some do cause some bubbling. Could very well be a bubble nest too.
Oh okay, it’s probably a bubble nest then as I have been using his tap safe from day one and this has only just started happening

So if this is a bubble nest does that mean he is happy, matured, or just an instinct for him?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom