Bubble Magus z-7/z-8

Invicitus
Hello all,
I am looking at getting a protein skimmer for a 95 gallon system (75 tank / 20 sump) and was wondering if anyone had experiences with this skimmer as I was not able to find many reviews. Any replies or recommendations would be appreciated!

saltwater60
No experience but it looks interesting. I know bubble magnus makes good skimmers and I doubt they would put out junk as they are reputable company.
Just curious why you want/need one. I’m sure it’s to save space in your sump bit just wondering if there is something specific.
also keep in mind they are rated to 240 gallons so even if it’s not the most efficient skimmer you have some wiggle room.

Invicitus
In general I am looking for a protein skimmer because I plan of having a moderate bio load in this tank, and I would prefer to do fewer water changes. The reason that I am asking about this protein skimmer is that it is at the lower end of my price range for a skimmer at $210-$230. Also, do you remember where you saw the 240 gallon rating? Because I have only seen it rated to 130-185 gallons.

saltwater60
I read on bubble magnus Facebook page it matches the performance of the curve 7/8 and that’s what the curve skimmers were rated at. Of price is the only reason for selection I’d spend the extra $40 and get the standard skimmer. If you ever decide to sell it you’ll make out better on resale.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom