Bubble Algae.

charzar-g

Hey guys!

I've had this little patch of bubble algae growning, but i've been terrified to scrub it incase it pops and the spores go everywhere, but now its getting a pretty hefty lump!

So I had this idea, that when i'm doing my maintainance, Could I scrub it, which having the hosing sucking the water, so if it pops all the spores will go into the hose and out of the tank?? I need to do a water change AND scrub the back of the tank, so I thought i'd be able to kill to bird with one stone as they say..
What i'm asking is will this work in stopping the algae spreading?!

Thanks dudes! O0

sgould

What I have done when I've notice bubbles is to pull the affected rock out of the tank right after doing a water change and scrape the bubble off in the discard water. If you take a flathead screwdriver you can usually get under the bubble and scrape it loose from the rock without popping it. But if you do pop it accidentally, this way it is in discard water anyway.

charzar-g

That would be a great idea - accept its on the glass on the back of the tank Sorry - I really should have mentioned that! haha.

sgould

LOL! Well that won't work then!

In that case, I think you're right...try to gently scrape it off in the same way (get between the bubble and the glass surface and gently scrape it loose) with a syphon running to suck it up right away as it comes loose.

charzar-g

Will do just that!
I have a special scraper thing that's just for algae, lets just hope it works.

It also has lots of cyanos algae ON the bubble algae... Gosh my tank needs a right sorting out! haha.

sgould

LOL...I've been there!

charzar-g

Okay, its off - lets hope it stays that way

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Catappa
Replies
Views
airdog44
Replies