Question Bta Being Really Annoying

Esimm03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi,
So my bta decided that it wanted to move around the tank and has settled in the most inconvenient place possible! Almost overnight it has stung about 50% of my beloved Hollywood stunner chalice, and is right on top of it! I put an old clam shell to stop it from stinging it anymore, but I'm worried this won't help... I'm one for drilling holes to put corals on plugs so I can easily move them around the tank, in this eventuality... However this chalice is the only one I've had to glue down in multiple places to avoid it from falling off the rock or being blown away with flow.

Has anyone got any suggestions of ways to help it recover? Or is time the best cure?

Really wish anemones were stationary , lost many good corals to this beast...

Ethan
IMG_20190908_182203.jpg

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This is one of the many reasons I don't care for them and discourage people from getting them. Yes, they can form cool symbiotic relationships with clownfish, but beyond that they can be a pain in the butt. If you want a "stationary 'nem" then stick to Euphyllia Corals. They produce the look without all the hassle.

As for the coral, I think it will heal with time, although I would stay on top of dosing for the time being to make sure it's healthy.

Nart

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's part of the fun in reefing with an anemone
I wouldn't worry too much about your Hollywood stunner chalice, they grow like weed. you can always just break off the living piece and glue it elsewhere. The chalice will grow again.

Beautiful looking nem!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom