Bruxes And Bubbles's Non-fish Pets

1. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Ryu:

Ryu is a male Kenyan sand boa. He loves burrowing in his wood bedding and making tunnels.
    image.jpg

Savannah:

Savannah is a female leopard gecko. She is very sweet and is trained to take food from my fingers.

image.jpg image.jpg

Rigby:

Rigby is a male Russian tortoise. He likes to stare at me from across the room while I tend to my fish. He will eat greens that I'm holding for him.

image.jpg

Hissing cockroaches:

I have a good few of these guys. Mostly females at this point. image.jpg image.jpg

S'mores and Capybara:

My two Guinea pigs. S'mores is the brown and white one and Capybara is the all tan one.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

If you have any questions feel free to ask them. :)

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Ahh! That is so awesome B&B

And I love the Kenyan :). They are so cool. (Amen jr looks like capybara is settling in :))

3. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Wow I love them all! I never had a Kenyan sand via but I did have different snakes, I love the leopard geko! I had 3 of them but I had to find a home for all 3. The Russian tortiste is just just beautiful always wanted one, only had turtles so far.. My dad had a giant tank full of Madagascar hissing cockroaches, I think those are cool! And you already know about the guinea pig story ;)

4. Bettanewb

Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

That's quite the little zoo you have going on there. I love the tortoise. How big do they get?

5. OP
    OP
    B

Up to 10 inches.

Thanks! Tortoise is definitely more fun than the turtle I've been watching for my friend, but tbh for the work he is and the tank size he'd need in a colder climate I'd probably just get a bearded dragon or something similar. My family bought him.

He is! He's pretty nervous around me, but he's starting to make noises and stuff.

6. Punkin

Punkin Well Known Member Member

The hissing cockroaches make me a bit nervous but they all look really fabulous. Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

7. OP
    OP
    B

Thanks for looking! :)

The hissers are pretty well behaved, honestly. They're nothing like normal roaches. But if someone is scared of insects I can see why they can make people nervous.

8. Punkin

Punkin Well Known Member Member

Actually I like more insects than I am scared of. I guess it's the size that is a bit unsettling. :wideyed:

9. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Very cool!

10. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Does Ryu eat pinkie mice?

11. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

I went to Kenya, seen some mad lizards i caught a tiny one it was multi coloured and looked like a salamander. Also seen huge black scorpions, a hugeee centipede and spiders, only seen 1 small black snake though i spent 8 weeks there.

12. OP
    OP
    B

That makes them better. They're easier to grab.
    Cool. :)

Yes, he eats f/t pinkie mice. One every two weeks. I admit he's my easiest pet, I could not touch him for a while and he'd be perfectly fine. Frozen food that's thawed out, so no live stuff...no crazy bulbs, just a heating pad. But he's also my most instinctual pet and is always hiding.

13. Fanatic

What does he live in?

14. OP
    OP
    B

We've got a 10 gallon with a custom locking lid. The males only grow up to around 14 inches, so he'll be fine in there for life.

15. Fanatic

Sounds neat.
    My cousin has a snake. It's named Penelope.

16. OP
    OP
    B

What kind of snake? :)

17. Fanatic

Corn Snake, just a basic one.
    It's now eating fuzzy mice.

18. OP
    OP
    B