Brussels Sprouts - Try It How Do I

1. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

So, everybody got this idea from a pic posted by @DoubleDutch in "Plecos Share Yours" eating a brussels sprout.

@DoubleDutch.jpg

So I tried it and here are some pics

Amano Brussel Sprout.jpg Nerite and Brussel sprout.jpg
    At first nobody paid attention to it but then...
    It was devoured by the cories, SAE's, snails, shrimp and of course the platys and pleco.

A Big Thanks to @DoubleDutch

2. Cherie G Member Member

Great pictures! Did you put in raw or did you cook it at all? Also how long did you leave it in there? Thanks for sharing!

3. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

Bought fresh boiled for 10 mins allowed to get room temp. Then dropped it in. As I said they did not touch it at all at first then after about 8 hours everybody was munching on it. Less than 24 hrs and it was gone. Not a trace left.

4. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Hahahaha that is really great. More than welcome !
    Are brussels sprouts overthere more white than greenor is it the pic?

5. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

No they are green. In those pics those are the middle center leaves or hearts. Thanks again. I just added you to my follow list.:;bananawater

6. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

ahhh ok.
    Made this vid

7. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

Very Nice. I did shoot a vid. just have not had time to convert and upload but I will eventually.

8. Cherie G Member Member

Thanks! I can't wait to try it. Going to be hard to share my Brussels sprouts though, I am probably one of the only people on earth that gets pretty happy when Brussels sprouts are part of my dinner! :D

9. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

Funny. :) You know I have a memory from years and years ago, I was around 5 years old. Being made to sit at the dining room table until I finished my brussel sprouts. My grandma said eat your brussels sprouts "Nope". I cried and cried sat there about 2 hours. Finally grandma said your stubborn like your grandpa go out and play. :yuck: LOL

10. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

You know what this means...you need to put a whole cabbage in there now to see if they will get eaten up.

11. Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

I need to try this when my neighbor gives me some(I hate Brussel Sprouts but it is hard to refuse him when it is free food).

12. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Get an extra bag, cook them all and freeze them. Get one or two out, defreeze and put them in. "fresh" vegs througout the year !

13. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

LOL yeah my little piggies would probably have it gone in a week

14. SixThreeOh Member Member

Do they float? My fish are spoiled and refuse to eat anything that hits the bottom.

15. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

They will for some time but then sink.

16. yukondog Well Known Member Member

I'll have to try them, I take squash, cucumbers and zucchini cut them up I and freeze ahead of time, I'm always looking for new things to feed them.

17. EJ_Fresh Well Known Member Member

That is so funny...I was planning to make a post just like this! I also got the idea to try Brussels sprouts from @DoubleDutch. My BN and snails LOVE them!!! I bought a bag of frozen Brussels sprouts. I take one out and let it thaw, give it a quick rinse, and drop it in. Here's my little guy devouring one.

image.jpeg