55 Gallon Tank BRP and possibly a blue ram?

Aquagirl1978

Opinions please or some expert advice. If you have been reading the threads I got a 55 gallon tank today and am cycling it to rehome my BRP cichlid Atlas. He recently killed his tankmate a tiger botia last week in the 20 gallon hes currently in. Now since he will be in a 55 I will be putting the snail in with him which he doesn't bother, possibly a couple of giant corys that I discovered at the LFS today, and I really like the blue rams. So now the big question is, Will a BRP and a Blue Ram get along in a tank that big or should I avoid another cichlid, Id get another BRP but he attacks his own reflection and if that's a heads up for what may happen then I don't want to chance it. Hes a juvenile but my cousin raised him alone and I think hes just used to being alone, but 55 gallons id a lot of space.

Morgan111

I answered this in your other post as well but a ram is a bad idea with a brp

Aquarist

Good morning,

Congrats on the new tank! I would recommend a 2nd Blood Red Parrot (Bloody Parrot) before I considered another species. I've never had any aggression issues (other than at spawning time) between Bloody Parrots.

When I set up my 265g last year, I added 2 Bloody Parrots (juveniles) to the 9 adults I already had. They were treated just like one of the family and like they had been in there all of their lives.

I think Atlas would appreciate a buddy of his own kind
Best wishes!
Ken

Aquagirl1978

Thanks all!!!! Cant wait till its cycled!!!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom