Help Browsers crashing

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Not sure about that, as I haven't used IE in years, but when I go into FireFox via safe mode (the equivalent of IE's "no add-ons" I think), and go to "Tools-Add-ons," (the wording will be a bit different on IE, but similar) it still has the add-ons listed; they're just not running. You should be able to delete them one by one from that.

OP
Lucy

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
In my IE w/o add ons, the manage add ons button is not clickable.

Oh, I went to internet options (in no add on mode) went to Programs and viola' there are my add ons.

Thanks guys!

I disabled AVG Safe Search and IE working again!!

You're all the best!!!

brokenwing

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
glad you got it worked out lucy, I was just getting ready to walk you through disabaling the add ons. About a year ago I started getting into the pc hobby, and have since built my own computer. Any questions just holler, were all here for you.

OP
Lucy

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
brokenwing said:
glad you got it worked out lucy, I was just getting ready to walk you through disabaling the add ons. About a year ago I started getting into the pc hobby, and have since built my own computer. Any questions just holler, were all here for you.
Thanks Wing!
I really appreciate it! It's great to know friends are here to help and not just with fish.

My daughter was happy to have her computer back and I'm happy to have my laptop working!