Brown worms in fish tank

Fishowner24

I just came back to feed my babies in there tank and there is worms EVERYWHERE what are these please help!!

TheAnglerAquarist

I just came back to feed my babies in there tank and there is worms EVERYWHERE what are these please help!!
Could you take a Picture?

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

Looks like detritus worms to me. Nothing to be concerned about at all.

Upvote 0

Fishowner24

looks like detritus worms
How do they get there and how do I get rid of them

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Detritus worms. Im sure they were there got stirred up somehow. Fish will eat them you can vacuum them up also. They will go away.

Upvote 0

Fishowner24

Detritus worms. Im sure they were there got stirred up somehow. Fish will eat them you can vacuum them up also. They will go away.
Oh well idk how they got there but ok sounds good

Upvote 0

StarGirl

They come in newer tanks kinda like diatoms. New plant etc. I think almost everyone has had some kind of copepods of some sort. Harmless. Just gross.....lol

Upvote 0

Fishowner24

I just researched it and found out that they feed off dead fish and some of my fish died in that tank. There is probably more dead fish I can’t see. How could they get there in a hour though?

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Time for a good cleaning then ;)

Upvote 0

Fishowner24

What are these I found one in my fish tank
You must be registered to see images

Upvote 0

smee82

Poke it with something and let me know how it reacts.

Upvote 0

Fishowner24

Poke it with something and let me know how it reacts.
It moves I can’t find it anymore.

Upvote 0

smee82

Next time you see it poke it and if it contracts on itself I'd guess its planaria.

The pics not clear enough to id it but it looks like it has a triangle shape head.

Upvote 0

JasperWard

It moves I can’t find it anymore.
Possibly a leech, probably a worm idk
Next time you see it poke it and if it contracts on itself I'd guess its planaria.

The pics not clear enough to id it but it looks like it has a triangle shape head.
I agree need a closer picture, is there visible eyes?

Upvote 0

Fishowner24

Ok how do I get rid of that

Upvote 0

JasperWard

Ok how do I get rid of that
Do you have shrimp or snails in your tank, these are not really too much of a problem except for invert eating eggs and young. Watch this vid she is helpful:Vid, would appreciate a closer picture, also can you see a triangle head or eyes

Upvote 0

Fishowner24

Do you have shrimp or snails in your tank, these are not really too much of a problem except for invert eating eggs and young. Watch this vid she is helpful:Vid, would appreciate a closer picture, also can you see a triangle head or eyes
Ok thanks

Upvote 0

JasperWard

What fish do you have
Just baby mollys
They may eat the planaria eggs if there arw others laying eggs, if you see any remove with tweezers but also follow that video

Upvote 0

smee82

You will need to get a positive id on it before you can treat it but fenbosomething used for dogs will get rid of planaria and is fish and invert safe.

Upvote 0

Fishowner24

You will need to get a positive id on it before you can treat it but fenbosomething used for dogs will get rid of planaria and is fish and invert safe.
Here is a better pic I found it

Upvote 0

smee82

That looks like a leech. Probably the only one, just keep an eye out for more.

Upvote 0

Fishowner24

That looks like a leech. Probably the only one, just keep an eye out for more.
Ok thanks

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
Replies
Views
StarGirl
  • Question
Replies