Brown Spots On My Marimos

Status
Not open for further replies.

regularjoe229

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am new to this hobby. I also seem to have a black thumb of death. One disaster after another.

A white fungus took hold of a recently installed Anubias. Spread to my Marimos. Anubias disintegrated. Marimos now just look splotchy. (See pic. The white circle is the flash.)

I have removed them from the aquarium. (And my betta.) Any ideas on how to heal them?

Attachments

Joshua Gonzalez

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
first treat your betta for fungus, the brown spots are from suffocation. marimos need to be moved around, so play with it (not a joke). what are your water parameters and did you cycle your tank?

Greg F

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would trim the brown off first but then yes , play with your moss balls a little

regularjoe229

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
first treat your betta for fungus, the brown spots are from suffocation. marimos need to be moved around, so play with it (not a joke). what are your water parameters and did you cycle your tank?
You mean suffocation as in the brown part was probably facing down, and didn't get enough oxygen, or whatever it needs?

Or the spots just show up anywhere from lack of movement?

Thanks for tips. I will move them next time I put them in tank.

Greg F

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yup. Parts facing down will brown.

Joshua Gonzalez

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You mean suffocation as in the brown part was probably facing down, and didn't get enough oxygen, or whatever it needs?

Or the spots just show up anywhere from lack of movement?

Thanks for tips. I will move them next time I put them in tank.
when marimos aren't moved around they get suffocated (when there faced Down to long ) trim the brown spots, play with them once a week, and you should be good! For stronger leaves I suggest flourish excel, It works wonders on my marimo leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom