Brown Fuzzy Strings On Java Fern???

Mackenziecromie

HI there, so my boyfriend and I got a few plants from petsmart about a week ago and I'm just realizing that one of my java ferns has these weird fuzzy looking brown strings all over a few of the leafs. Anyone know what this is? Should I cut the leaves out?

Heres what they look like

Attachments

wishkahryan

Mackenziecromie said:
Leave it on there it is making baby ferns on the leaves it will sprout little tiny leaves that you can eventually take off and plant. The brown strings are it starting to grow roots

OP
Mackenziecromie

Mackenziecromie

wishkahryan said:
Leave it on there it is making baby ferns on the leaves it will sprout little tiny leaves that you can eventually take off and plant. The brown strings are it starting to grow roots
Oh okay thank you so much! I was wondering that aswell but wasn't sure

pongoandfriends22

Mackenziecromie said:
HI there, so my boyfriend and I got a few plants from petsmart about a week ago and I'm just realizing that one of my java ferns has these weird fuzzy looking brown strings all over a few of the leafs. Anyone know what this is? Should I cut the leaves out?

Oh I had that too! They are plantlets! Leave them on until they grow pretty medium sized and then you can take them off the leaf to replant!

New Threads