Brown Back Crabs Question 

Aqueos Humor

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Though I have not yet started my 6 gal, I am almost positive that within a month or two I will be starting a 20 gal. and was hoping to add crabs to it. So far the only fully aquatic crab I have found was the "Brown Back Crab" and I was wondering if anyone had experience keeping them or any good information of them?

Thanks in advance

jclee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Aqueos Humor

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you, that info is quite helpful.
I haven't begun my search for them yet, and will most likely wait until I have a bit more experience in general, but I will definitely consider them when I get a 20 gal and Ill be sure to inform you if and when I find them.

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My brother keeps 2 fiddler crabs in our 29 gal. tank. We use a bridge type thingy we got at PetSmart balanced on top of a castle turret to let them get out of the water. I really like watching the crabs. The male does this funny dance waving his claw around all day long! My brother likes feeding them earthworms to watch them wrestle each other.

Aqueos Humor

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That's interesting, I wasn't aware you could feed them earthworms but, it certainly sounds feasible. Ill have to try that eventually

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads