Brown Algae Turned Green when Boiled

FishDoctor1

HI folks! My betta tank has had a problem with brown algae. The rocks I have in there are really rough, so it’s hard to remove algae from them with sponges. I heard somewhere that boiling your rocks will help remove algae, so I did that, but instead of, like, dying or falling off or something, the brown algae just turned bright green after boiling for a few minutes. The algae is no easier to remove. What do I do?

fishytank

You have a few choices, 1 consider a pleco or snails,they are good at removing algae. Or you can take a tooth brush to remove, or simply keep the algae. Depending on tank size and your desire, you could add a few live low tech plants to help control algae. fish keeping not just a hobby but its an adventure.

FishDoctor1

Ooh, a toothbrush is a really good idea! My lil betta boy is pretty aggressive, so other fish are a no-go, but a toothbrush should get the job done! Thanks!

fishytank

Ooh, a toothbrush is a really good idea! My lil betta boy is pretty aggressive, so other fish are a no-go, but a toothbrush should get the job done! Thanks!
glad to help, good luck with the removal

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ralph113
  • Question
  • ZachG
  • Algae
Replies
Views
FancyPantsy
  • Question