Brown Algae Growth, + White stuff?

StickyFishy

So I got 10 fish on the 19th of August, because my grandfather passed away, (two blue gouramis, two silver dollars, 3 harlequin rasboras, 2 blackskirts and 1 barbed pleco). Finally it looks like the nitrogen cycle is near complete(tank is a 55gal btw), but now I have a brown algae problem on my fake plants. +white discoloring that could be a fungus. I would like to know what you forum people think of these images, +what i should do about the algae/fungus growth and if getting a plant for the tank is ok at the current conditions.

P.S just did a 50% water change because one of the silver dolars started forming a little finrot on his top fin.

20200922_151011.jpg20200922_151018.jpg20200922_145749.jpg20200922_151034.jpg

Attachments

Lucyn

Are you sure the white isn't just a part of the decoration? I've used that exact decor in the past and it did exactly that with the white coloring. As for the brown algae, totally normal and good for your aquarium.

StickyFishy

Lucyn said:
Are you sure the white isn't just a part of the decoration? I've used that exact decor in the past and it did exactly that with the white coloring. As for the brown algae, totally normal and good for your aquarium.
now im kind of unsure, but i have another pair that i placed over on the other side of the tank and it doesnt have the white coloring but, I suppose i could be a little paranoid. Also, will improving the water coloring help my fish get over finrot on their own? or should i medicate the tank?

Lucyn

StickyFishy said:
now im kind of unsure, but i have another pair that i placed over on the other side of the tank and it doesnt have the white coloring but, I suppose i could be a little paranoid. Also, will improving the water coloring help my fish get over finrot on their own? or should i medicate the tank?
Improving water quality will certainly help but if it's more of a severe case of fin rot, meds will do the trick.

Top Bottom