BRONZE corys eggs!!!

1. ILOVECORYS Member Member

As it is a bank holiday monday today here in UK, therefore I had all day in front of my tank :)

And while watching, I noticed the bronze corys were chasing each other (they have done for a couple of days).

Then I get to see all the action!!!

The "T" position and eggs go into her anal fins like a pair of hands holding the eggs.

She swam around to find suitable place before laying her eggs.

Unfortunately other fish ate some eggs before I could get them out.

But they spawn over and over..... and over again and I managed to save around 100 eggs which I transferred to a small tank with filter, heater and water from same tank.

I ordered some Liquifry food today. Read somewhere it says eggs hatch after 3 days.

Fingers crossed, I might have some bronze cory babies :):):):):):)

2. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

How exciting!! Be sure than the fry won't get sucked up the filter; either use a sponge filter or cover your intake tube with pantyhose (but even then they may get stuck to it...)

Good luck! I would ask for you to send me some, but you're a little far away... ;)

3. ILOVECORYS Member Member

It's a little stingray filter.

I will wrap some white floss stuff around it. Hope that helps the fries as I don't have a sponge filter

4. plecodragon Well Known Member Member

Couple of questions:
    How large was the tank you added the eggs too? Cory fry are very very tiny when they are hatched. If the tank is too large then they could have trouble finding food.
    Do you have a turkey baster or could you get a new one? That would be used to suck up fungused eggs and to every now and then to move the eggs around(keeps then cleaner) Also can be used to suck up leftover food.
    After the fry hatch don't feed them for one or two days after as they have an egg sac and won't eat, so any food you add will rot and foul the water.
    Good luck with your future fry.

5. ILOVECORYS Member Member

It's a very small tank 21 uk liter.

I will have to get a turkey baster.

Thank you :)

6. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

The turkey baster I got (for fish only, of course) is probably my most useful tool! Remove debris from a tank, siphon out a small amount of water (testing, acclimating fish), feed fish who don't seem to understand feeding time....definitely a useful investment.

7. apple429 Well Known Member Member

Congrats!!! :;toast

Please keep us posted on what you are doing, I have a couple panda cory's that are starting to chase each other. I haven't raised cory fry yet, so this should be VERY helpful!

8. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I never removed my eggs from the community tank. The only thing eating the eggs was my assassin snails. The fry that survived lived in the java moss for a while, eating micro nutrients and then, when they were big enough, they came out and started eating crushed algae wafers/flakes.

Good luck with them! They are really cute little buggers.

9. Cathy B Initiate Member

Congratulations. How wonderful that you were home to see it all happen. Keep us posted please?

10. ILOVECORYS Member Member

Well today is the 4th day.

Some eggs turned White as expected but majority of them are ok with black dot in the middle.

Now off to work so if they hatch I won't get to see them till tonight after work.

A busy weekend ahead as I'm putting 6 young koi into the pond this weekend.

So that tank will be spare and will be used for grow out :)

11. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

PICTURES! We want PICS! :)

12. ILOVECORYS Member Member

Finally!

Some hatched today!

Around 15-20 so far.

Very tiny and cute.

Hopefully the rest will hatch later and at the latest tomorrow.

:)

13. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

:animal0068:Zigzagabout, I am moving your posts and related posts to your own thread already in progress.

Thanks!

Ken

14. ILOVECORYS Member Member

They are 4 days old today.

More active & swimming up the tank more.

Growing quite fast too.

So excited to see them get big.

15. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Nah, didn't happen unless we see pictures! (just kidding...congratulations again!)

16. ILOVECORYS Member Member

They are 8 days old today.

Won't see much if I took some pics. Still very tiny.

They are more active tho :)

17. ILOVECORYS Member Member

They turned 3 weeks yesterday.

There are around 10 fries left that I cold see.

Can't believe how big some of them have grown.

Hope these last lot make it to adulthood :)

18. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

OK, now are they big enough for pictures? Want to see your babies!!!!

19. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

No pictures yet? Wassup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. ILOVECORYS Member Member

it's so hard to get a decent shot. I need to learn to take pics of fish in tanks properly.

They'll be 4 weeks on saturday. Some are huge!!! very cute :)