Bronx

uztadzmalek

Has anybody tried putting in (1) tank a OSCARS,DRAGON FIN,BLACK GHOST,CLOWN KNIFE, ALLIGATOR GAR, SNAKE HEAD and a FLOWER HORN? (all juveniles)

Aquarist

Good morning,

I don't think you will receive any responses with a YES. The stocking list is unrealistic. Snake Heads are illegal in many areas in the US. Gars...not suitable for aquariums. The Oscars would be torn to shreds along with every fish in the tank.

Flower horns should be housed in tanks to themselves as I understand it.

I have moved your thread from Hot Topics to Aquarium Stocking Questions.

Ken

bolivianbaby

I'm not even sure if a 1,000 gallon tank would be big enough to house those species together.

That is quite the list of some very aggressive species.

I have no experience with snakeheads since they're illegal in my area, but I can help you with a few other species you listed.

Flowerhorns really need to be kept by themselves in minimum 75 gallon tanks. They are extremely aggressive.

Alligator gars get too large for any aquarium.

Oscars do best in a 75 gallon tank with other laid back NW cichlids.

I have no experience with the other species you listed.

The thing to remember with this specific stocking list is there are some species who get huge. We call them tankbusters. They grow extremely fast and become aggressive very quickly.

Hope this helps!

Btw-are snakeheads legal in the Phillipines?

Jaysee

Has anybody tried putting in (1) tank a OSCARS,DRAGON FIN,BLACK GHOST,CLOWN KNIFE, ALLIGATOR GAR, SNAKE HEAD and a FLOWER HORN? (all juveniles)

No, I bet you'd be the first.

uztadzmalek

Actually my friend and I area planning this he has a massive tank use to house his silver arrowana.

@bolivianbaby yes! in my region snake heads and all the fishes in the list are legal except for the piranhas.

platy ben

Hello

Well you and your friend I would say have little chance of succeeding, that stock list is a feast for the alligator gar, wishing you luck is the only input I have on this :/

Nutter

Excellent advice above. I think you should rename the thread "Death By Unrealistic Expectation". (kidding)

No I'm sorry but none of those fish belong together & as has been pointed out the Gar just doesn't belong in an aquarium at all. The Gar would just eat everything & then proceed to outgrow the tank. They get to something like 10ft long. Even a huge public aquarium is going to think very seriously about whether they can house one of those or not.

uztadzmalek

well, its just a plan...and its kindda expensive to push through the only actual tank I was 2 oscars 6 clown knife and 8 dragon fin. But the boss on that tank was the knife

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aqua Hands
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
nathanclarke86
Replies
Views