Broke my Trachea's Cartilage

1. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

:( :;smack So here is the story short version while working yesterday on the stand I sneezed 3 times on the last one I felt a weird pain on my Adams apple on the left side and pain on my throat. In less than 2 mins my voice was hoarse and then gone in the first 5 mins after the sneeze. So around 730pm I still have this weird pain and scratchy throat and went to the pc and :;google and found that there has been cases where just by a sneeze you can punture your esophagus and break the trachea's cartilage. :jawdrop: so got someone to take care the kids and went to the Naval Hospital's ER with the wife(Really worried) after I told the nurse she look like what? :eek: yeap so Xrays and went straight into a bed no waiting. So saw the doc and he said I talk to ENT and we gonna put a camera down your nose and see what we can find. :nopity: The Dr at these time is like you whinny guy are wasting my time with a scratchy throat attitude with me trying to confuse me with the location of the pain. Then after he saw the vocal cords he found a Hematoma on my right vocal cords. Whet to my bed and after that he came back in a total different attitude. Like Wow I can't belive that happen just with a sneeze. So got a shot of anti-inflammatory then got some drugs and an appointment to see an ENT Dr. today at noon. Well after another session of camera down my nose the Dr. sent me to get a CAT Scan and went back to the treatment room on ENT department. Is about 330pm now and then the Dr. comes and tell me and the wife you may wanna come with me to my office and says you broke your Trachea's Cartilage almost in half. :jawdrop: What my reaction. His words were followed by you can't talk in 2 weeks. What? Just 12 hours without talking and is nuts imagine 2 weeks. If is not healed in that time I need surgery to get a plate on my throat and is not an easy surgery. Wow all this for 3 sneeze. These sucks.

2. Regal Well Known Member Member

Wow I'm really sorry you hurt youself. That must have been some sneeze!!!!!

3. eiginh Well Known Member Member

Sorry dude! at least you are not permanently mute. take care!! :;hp In this case you can go on medical leave from work and have two weeks to work on your stand ;)

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Oh no!!!! Get well soon Navy and :-X . I don't want you to have to go into surgery! I hope you feel better than the problems sounds. Keep us posted.
    Ken

5. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

You can be sure of that. hahahaha. :whistling:

Thanks Ken it sounds super bad but is not like I'm in super pain but it sure bothers me tho. Will keep you guys posted.

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Oh wow. How weird!
    Is it contagious? Can you come stand next to my husband? :;rl

I hope you're feeling better soon!

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

:nono:LOL Lucy!
    Ken

8. eiginh Well Known Member Member

ROFL LOLOLOL LMBO... haha Lucy wow you made my day! LOL :;smack

9. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Wow Navy! That's unbelievable - who would've thought a silly little sneeze could do so much damage! Though I guess they say the force behind a sneeze is tremendous....

I'm glad you're not in much pain; though I can imagine how annoying that must be to not speak. I'd probably go nuts after a few days!

Be sure to follow doctor's orders so you don't have to go to surgery. Best wishes for a solid recovery. :;hug2

10. eiginh Well Known Member Member

I think I saw on tv that a sneeze has the same force as a blast of a shotgun.

11. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Well when we got to the ER the nurse seen people that pulled their back out of place with a sneeze. The other is basically is vocal cords totally damage. The one I read about the esphagus the person died in 24 hrs due to stomach fluids leaked into the hole and spread all over the organs and died of infection.

:;laughing So does he talks too much or your just tired of listening to him? :clapping:

Thanks a lot. I know is gonna be really hard for me not to speak specially having 2 toddlers.

12. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Bless your heart, Navy! I hope you're not in a lot of pain. So has Mrs. Navy started giving you a hard time yet or is she still worried?

Seriously, I hope you're able to avoid surgery and you'll be in our thoughts. Please keep us posted. :;hug2

13. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Thanks Marie. I will keep you guys posted. She's still worried and weird out about how it happen. Is so rare that this had happen that the ENT Dr. is gonna document the case and put it on the web. I feel a bit special. hahaha

14. eiginh Well Known Member Member

oooooo lol sounds cool! Give shoutouts to the Fl members too!! lol jk :)

15. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Just remember you've always been special to us before you get all famous on the "Doctor" circuit:;bmu

16. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Sounds fun, I wonder if it could get me out of school... LOL

17. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

haha wait till i get my limo driver to get me to the LFS and pic more stuff. :;laughing

18. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Wow.... That has to be one of the most bizzare things I've ever heard.
    The next two weeks are gonna be tough that's for sure...
    Heck I spent most of the day home alone and I was still talking every now and then.

Take Care,
    Red

19. eiginh Well Known Member Member

LOL, I think everyone needs to talk at some point or another (boy am I teasing Navy or what?)

20. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Thanks Red. I know today I think has to be the day that I flip my wife the finger the most. Wow she's been a butt.
    :anim_35:
    :anim_35::anim_35::anim_35::anim_35: :nono: