Broke My Intake "u" On Aqua Clear 50

1. ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOK Member Member

My lid fell while I was moving their heater and it hit the knob that adjust the flow on my aqua clear and broke it clean off! There is a tiny hole in it's place now so it couldn't suck up water. I duct taped the hole as good a possible and prime ordered a new piece. It's sucking up water now but lots of tiny bubbles are coming out of the filter into the water. It's just air bubbles but the fish seem annoyed lol.
    Will this be fine until Thursday when the replacement comes in!?

2. Adrian Burke

Adrian Burke Member Member

There’s not much else you can do but try to patch up the bubbles. I’m sure that the fish can bear with it for a few days.

3. wodesorel

wodesorel Member Member

I have patched damage like this before with a piece of PVC pipe and PVC pipe glue. Both are safe for potable water and cure quickly. The smell of the glue is incredible until it is dry though!

4. bitseriously

bitseriously Well Known Member Member

I would think that well-chewed chewing gum might be the perfect fix for this. We've all heard that story how it lasts for 7 years in your guts if you swallow it, so whether that's true or not I can't imagine it would leach anything harmful into the water, plus it's obviously food-grade. Or maybe clean candlewax, like beeswax?

5. C

Charlie Reel Initiate Member

Aquarium Silicone, then Put some Flex Tape on. That should fix it forever. You have to push the silicone into the hole.