Bristlenose

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

is it 2 early 2 get my bristlenose ive had my tank for just over a month ??? also findin it hard 2 find a bristlenose i dont want 2 get a pleco when will the green algae start appearin?? i hav a little brown algae but my guppies and gourami eat most of it. Also hoping to get a cory catfish soon

help would be appreciated, thanks C W

2. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Hi there!Welcome to the world of fishies ;D
    How big is your tank and how many fish do you have in it already?
    Should be ok providing it isn't overstocked.

3. fletch Member Member

you dont need to wait until you have algae in your tank to get a catfish. you just feed them algae pellets (large, brown, sinking tablets). I got my sucking catfish when i had to move my tank into the sun for a while. It was plastered in algae and overnight he got rid of it all

4. FishFan Member Member

I don't see any algea in my tank, so I continue to feed my 2 plecos wafers. There is algea-I'd imagine-because the items in my tank are slippery...but, I don't see any. I add the liquid bacteria, but can my plecos be that good? They're quite large, so maybe they're just pigs? Any help appreciated :)

5. Craig Well Known Member Member

i have a 63 litre (16gallon tank) i hav 4 fish in it at the minute 1 golden gourami 1 red fire gourami and 2 male guppies i want 2 get the bristlenose and cory catfish would that b ok?????

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

i worked out that i should b able 2 get at least 15 fish in my tank

7. FishFan Member Member

The rule of thumb I've always been told and read about is 1" of fish per gallon of tank. In other words, I have a 55 gallon tank, so I can have 55 1" fish...LOL Not realistic, but in general, possible, I suppose. For my tank, I allow about 40-45 (depending on size). Have fun with your new hobby-it's addicting!!! :)

8. Craig Well Known Member Member

im addicted already!!!