They went wigglers yesterday! they are so cute and tiny
Carol

Golden Fish

Congrats! ;D

Butterfly

Thanks!
Carol

Tom

Congrats. They are cute. How long do you have to wait to tell if they are male or female?
Tom

Butterfly

It takes several months to tell gendar.
Carol

boff

They are so cool how, many do you thik you have .

Butterfly

This particular couple usually has spawns of about 70-100 fry
They have two week-old siblings in a grow out tank now
Carol

boff

Wow that many ,how many do you think will make it to become adults

atmmachine816

wow that's a lot

0morrokh

awww, they're so cute!

Isabella

NO WAY !!! They're TOO cute !!! CONGRATS !!! ;D

Butterfly

Boff usually atbout 90% survive. When tthey get about two months old I send them to Dinos fish house to grow out. He has more room than I
carol

Jmarcus

I want a fish house

Butterfly

Me too!!

Dino

Bwhahahahahaha!!!!!

Opps.

It took me quite a bit of time, effort, and money to get the fishhouse.
The building alone, not the equipment or stock, took almost 18 months to get going from the time the concrete was pour to the time I had fish in it.
As well as over $25,000.

Dino

Richard

Carol, they're absolutely beautiful.. I've never been able to breed anything but livebearer fry.. I have eggbearers but simply don't have the time or space to pursue a breeding schedule where they're concerned, wish I could though.. one day when Buzz and I get our own place, I've already told her of my intention to dedicate the backyard to massive breeding tanks, unless we get a pool !

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

omg! they are so cute! Congrtats, Miley

Butterfly

This is what they looked like Sat morning (wiggler day three) before we went out of town Ididn't realize the glass was so dirty until I posted it l

Carol

Isabella

Who cares about the glass! I can still see them very well and they're AMAZING! I love them

Tylee

DITO!! they're great!! Congrats!!

tan.b

WOW!!! these are fantastic!!! have you any updates pics of what they look now as this was a while ago!
Tan

Butterfly

The first ones are at two weeks.
The second pic is most recent. they just went to a local fish store and the Atlanta Aquarium club auction.
Carol

tan.b

they are soooooooooooooooo cute!! bet you missed them when you sold them! will you breed them again, or do they live in a pair and if they breed they breed kinda thing?

Butterfly

They breed on an ongoing basis, about every two to three weeks I have two tanks growing out now. They are so much fun and easy. some of them are always long fin and I have kept them for breeding purposes. will have to get a picture for you.
Carol

tan.b

Butterfly said:
They breed on an ongoing basis, about every two to three weeks I have two tanks growing out now. They are so much fun and easy. some of them are always long fin and I have kept them for breeding purposes. will have to get a picture for you.
Carol
wow!!! how exciting!! if its that easy I might have a go! my bn is only a baby still, so not yet, and would have to find her a boy (obviously!), but if I got 2bns for the scissor tail tank and another bn to join mrs bristlenose, the odds are one of the 3 newcomers would be a boy! the lfs sell them really small, so it's pot luck whether you get a female or a male  :. i'm guessing my mr bristlenose is in a fact a mrs bristlenose as shes 4cm and not a bristle in sight!!

may seem a daft question, but are they sexually mature when they are fully grown, or before then?

would love to see more pics! keep them coming! also if at all possible and if its not too much to ask could you post a pic of a long finned and a normal one as I never realised there were dif varieties! I wonder what mine is?! normal I think?! will study her when she comes out of hiding and will post of pic of her if she'll let me! she has her shy moments and her confident moments. me having a net in the tank this morn to get the shrimps will put her into a hiding for a while. she hates the net!!! even if it wasn't for her. in fact she doesn't like any "change" in the tank, or my hands in the tank re-arranging things. she hides for a while when ever anything changes! sorry, i'm rambling!!! could talk bn's for hours!!!
tan 

Butterfly

They are usually sexually mature at 2-3 inches. They are obviously long-fin from the start.
The ones in the second pic already posted are standard fin albinos. this set of parents have both long-fin, standard -fin, albino and regular brown babies.

atmmachine816

Wow very pretty.

Off topic a little, but mine male is nearing a year old and he just recently started growing more and longer bristles, is this normal?

Butterfly

The first three pics are long-fin siblings above. The brown ones in the secomd pic are standard fins. The bottom is their dad who is standard finned bit carries the albino and long-fin genes. Mom was long finned. this is moms pic she also carries the long-fin(obviously) and the albino genes
ATM yep it's normal.
Carol

atmmachine816

Ok thanks.

I like the last picture the best, I like the white spotted males, not a big fan of the pure albinos but the longfins make them look a bit nicer.

giz23mo

cool

Butterfly

found this pic while I was hunting for the other pics and wanted to share it. This is another batch of bristlenose.
Carol

Isabella

Carol, they're sooooooooooo cute! ;D They're albinos, right?

Butterfly

Isabella the parents are not albino but they carry the albino gene so some of the fry are albino and some are brown. One parent was long fin and one wasn't so some of the are long-fin and some aren't.
Carol

tan.b

thanks for sharing those pics butterfly. I could look at bn pics all day!! they are sooooo cute!! I def like the long finned ones! not as keen on the albinos though! hopefully one day I'll have bn babies too! will have to get my girl a boyfriend first!
Tan ;D

Butterfly

Yes Tan I like them also. I have noticed people either really like them or they don't, doesn't seem to be any middle ground
Carol

Gwenz

They are so cute!! Wish I had room for one. :-\

Gwenz

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom