bristlenose update

whetto

Valued Member
Reaction score
For any of you who read my other post ("two questions") i thought i would provide an update. first up, the good news: the blackout strategy in my puffer tank seems to be diminishing the algae, which is excellent. in another day or two, i plan on turning the lights back on and removing any of the gravel that is too far gone with algae and replacing it with new stuff.

and now, the bad news: as far as my precious bristlenose pleco goes, in 2 weeks i have seen neither fin nor scale of him. i have removed all of the decorations, sifted through the gravel, poked around in the back of the filter, all to no avail. I have accepted the fact that he must have died, but i still am driven crazy by the fact that i have NO IDEA what happened to him. If anyone knows where i can get a replacement bristlenose pleco around the chattanooga TN area, i would be very grateful for the info.

R.I.P. - Snot, my albino bristlenose

Gina423

Valued Member
Reaction score
If he IS dead, wouldn't you have found him?
Are there any fish in there that may have eaten him?
I used to have a clown loach that my husband and I could not find. We check u nderneath every decoration, sifted through gravel, we checked around the tank, in the sink, ANY WHERE. Well one day my husband started ripping the decorations out of the tank (he was going crazy), as it turned out, the clown loach stuck himself to the top of a decoration (it was like a hollowed out fake tree stump). It wasn't until we took it out did he fall into the water!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm sorry you couldn't find snot.. I would love to hear he'd been stuck to some decor & missed. Good news on the puff tank tho, so glad to hear that.

whetto

Valued Member
Reaction score
thats what ive done, ive moved everything, shook everything, absolutely no sign of him. i dont think my tiger barbs, rainbow shark, or dojo loach would have eaten him, let alone my other pleco, but who knows. tonight i plan on putting my main decoration back in after my modifications on it and ill be searching again.

Gina423

Valued Member
Reaction score
well, good luck in finding him

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sounds like the fish aliens strike again!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom