Bristlenose Quarantine Question

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Aquarium Saturation, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Aquarium Saturation

Aquarium Saturation Valued Member Member

Hello

I am getting a Bristlenose for my 60 gal, but because I’m quarantining all of my fish before they go in, I want to be quarantining my BN too. I have a 52L quarantine tub set up at the moment with around 60x40 cm base, and around 20cm height (off the top of my head) with 2 mollies, 1 Balloon Molly and one Guppy, who have all passed quarantine, but I cannot move them into the big tank, as I didn’t want to start doing a cycle with ammonia before I went on holidays (I just got back). Should he be able to fit? How should I feed him? I have algae wafers, and Driftwood in there, but I also want to give it some veggies, but is that ok while it’s in quarantine? If yes, what veggies are good? How should I prepare it?

Thanks

Darcy

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

He'll fit in the QT tank for a while, but he should be fine.
    I would feed him zucchini, or cucumber, supplementing with veggie or algae wafers.

Just boil it, or blanch it until it sinks.

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Could be the first days it won't eat !

4. OP
    OP
    Aquarium Saturation

Ok. How long is it ok for it to not be eating before it’s a problem? Also, does it matter what “algae wafers” I feed him. The 60 gal that I bought came with some aqua one veggie wafers. Are those ok? But once those are finished, what algae wafers are good? Is that food easily accessible, because I live in Australia, so some things are hard to find.

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

I don't know any brands available overthere. I'd put in a part of.cumcumber in overnight so you can see if is has eaten.

6. OP
    OP
    Aquarium Saturation

Ok, I can put in the cucumber. What food would you recommend? Nothing to do with where I live, because if it’s only feeding my Bristlenose, I should be able to just order it online.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice