Bristlenose Pleco Pair

1. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

I ordered a pair (proven) a bristlenose from a seller on aquabid and they just sent me a message that they had to send the make with the cave he was in as he wouldn't come out! They tried to remove the fry inside but don't know if they got everyone out. I just got a kick out of them having to send a cave because the male wouldn't come out.

2. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

hey you got a good deal, 2 BN pleco and a cave for free.

3. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

I should have seven waiting for me, a trio of reds, a pair of greens, and a pair of blue eyes.

4. KingD

KingD Well Known Member Member

Wow that's a lot of nice plecos you're going to be getting! Lucky you!

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Huh do they sell a male when it is taking care of its fry?

6. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

They will take over care of them, I mean people kidnap all sorts of fry from parenting fish like angels and other cichlids all the time, why not plecos?

7. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

Maybe you even got some free babies!?

8. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

But now the parents are kidnapped hahaha.

9. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

And maybe some babies the seller wasn't sure, so I took the whole family if that was the case lol.

I seem to have gotten seven, but the pair did not arrive today! Eep!
    I've got five of the reds and two of the greens.

10. AngelTheGypsy

Hopefully the pair arrives soon! Photos?

11. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

Yup, at least of the dragons, everyone was pale from shipping the seller sent me an extra male and female so I separated those two out from the trio. The reds look to be the German strain which are larger, I have a Czech strain as well that stay a little smaller, so I can cross those to prevent inbreeding for the Czech strain (as those are siblings).
    The dragons fins are a little tattered but they are both in good shape, they went in the same tank as my largest standard fin green dragon. I am planning to add my other green dragon to the group, which I believe is female as I have yet to see a mustache. I am hoping to get everyone settled and comfortable. The pict ur e isn't th e best as my phone hates darker lighting and refuses to focus if I even move a hair.

Reds male and two females (one female has lip bristles)

Attached Files:

12. KingD

How big to the green dragons get?

13. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

The male looks to be about four or so inches in just body, his total length looks close to 6.5 with his fins, they can do the same size as normal or albino bns.

I am distressed, they still haven't arrived and the USPS website is reading "In Transit to Destination" still. I hope they can make it this long (they went out tuesday, so tomorrow will be four days...!)

14. AngelTheGypsy

Nail biting! I hope they make it!

15. KingD

Well that's never a pleasing sign. Hopefully they arrive living and in good condition. Plecos are little beasts though so I think they can make it with 4 days

16. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

They have arrived! There are babies with dad! I will not be able to post pics yet, but everyone is alive! They made it four days for their journey (and dad got to chauffeur some of his babies around!).

17. KingD

Glad to hear that they made it okay! And congrats on the babies with dad! Now you have a head start on the breeding haha

18. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

They sent me a couple babies besides the three (? i only saw three but dad is still in his cave and refusing good pictures, mom has hidden in the tank somewhere) that were with dad.

Attached Files:

19. KingD

Those are the lemons right?

20. OP
    OP
    Mcasella

The blue eyed yes, i don't know if they would be considered lemons, they are paler. I hope they yellow up some, I only have the yellow one I got from @bizaliz3 that is really yellow, the rest i have are paler.