Bristlenose pleco in a 10 gallon

Fisharewet

Can my bristlenose live in a 10 gallon long enough for me to kill the internal parasites in my main tank? I've had this fish since it was under a inch long and it's the only fish me and my wife have ever had a emotional attachment to. I just don't want it to die. I just want it in the 10 gallon long enough to kill the parasites and possibly treat her if she gets the parasites. She is currently visibly ok.

Nanonanny

How big is it?
If it's got enough room to turn around and you are not leaving it in the 10 gal for an extended period of time, it will be fine.

Flyfisha

I treat all tanks with BN just the same as any tank.

What parasites?

Just because you can’t see them does not mean they are not on the inside of the fishes gills , in the case of ich.

My opinion is no fish is ok if it is in a tank with ich. You would then be having to treat two tanks if you move a fish.

Fisharewet

I treat all tanks with BN just the same as any tank.

What parasites?

Just because you can’t see them does not mean they are not on the inside of the fishes gills , in the case of ich.

My opinion is no fish is ok if it is in a tank with ich. You would then be having to treat two tanks if you move a fish.
It's not ich it's internal parasites. They look malnourished because that won't eat because of the parasites.

Flyfisha

I have a de worming routine on all tanks alternating between using the liquid praziipro and the powder flubendazole . I treat all tanks but mostly new arrivals.
I have killed hydra and detritus worms.
I have killed anchor worms.
I have treated what I assume was internal parasites in live bearers that were skinny and swimming at the surface with the shimmies. They have always been eating.

When using the Australian brands of medication I always use a full dose regardless of what the instructions say. When doing a water change in 3 or 4 days from the first dose I add medication only to the volume of the change water.

A second dose is always recommended on the instructions for 14 days after the first that will kill worms that were just eggs at the time of the first dose.

Sorry Dillon Murphy I have never had fish that would not eat . I don’t know what you have there?

By all means treat the main tank with the BN in a ten . Watch and wait if in a month or two’s time you feel you need to treat again perhaps that is the time to treat all fish?

DoubleDutch

Most internal parasites don't cause the fish not to eat. Plus if the BN is there now why not deworming all fish including the BN (why wouldn't the BN nott have the same parasites).

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Nessaf
Replies
Views